Swimmer’s Ear Home Remedy Note:
It’s possible that you may have already developed an ear infection. If you have a history of problems such as earaches, perforated eardrum, ear tubes, or other possible complications, consult a physician. If in doubt, consult a physician.
When you have swimmer’s ear , there can itching along with pain. It can be quite painful in fact. It may result into a trip to the doctor’s office and leave you begging for painkillers and antibiotics. But what most people do not know is that several of these doctor’s visits should not be the first step for swimmer’s ear treatment. There is a swimmer’s ear home remedy for that. If your symptoms do not improve within a few days, or if they get worse, consult a physician!
According to the Mayo Clinic, measures of self-care can be used to treat most cases of swimmer’s ear without the use of antibiotics or a trip to see your doctor. Swimmer’s ear is a painful infection in the lining of the ear canal usually caused by exposure to water. Four out of 1000 people are affected each year by swimmer’s ear, but the risk increases for ardent swimmers who are constantly in water. In addition, experts say that once a person has experienced swimmer’s ear, the risk of getting it again is much higher.
Here are a few steps you can do at home to limit your risk of infection:
• Be sure to keep your ears dry.
• Dry your outer ear thoroughly after exposure to moisture from swimming or after a bath with a clean towel. (The Ear Dryer works wonders!)
• Never put Q-tips in your ear.
Swimmer’s Ear Home Remedy
• Place a warm heating pad on or against your ear to help reduce pain.
• Keep your ears dry while it is healing.
• Using earplugs when showering or bathing will help keep the water out. (Putty Buddies work well)
• Do not swim or clean your ears until the infection has disappeared.
• Try some over the counter ear drops. Many work well like Swim-Ear
Take preventative measures:
Put a few drops in each ear of 50/50 Rubbing alcohol and white vinegar solution as soon as you’re out of the water.
I hope you found our site, swimmer’s ear home remedy dot org to be of great help!
Incoming search terms:
- swimmer\s ear home remedy
- swimmers ear home treatment
- swimmers ear remedy
- home treatment for swimmers ear
- home remedy for swimmers ear infection